Comment on page
When we call ORAI, it means that it is native ORAI tokens created and contained in the Oraichain network. At the moment, there are three types of ORAI, including ERC20 ORAI on the Ethereum network, BEP20 ORAI on the BNB Chain, and Native ORAI on the Oraichain Mainnet.
ERC20 ORAI contract address: 0x4c11249814f11b9346808179cf06e71ac328c1b5
BEP20 ORAI contract address: 0xa325ad6d9c92b55a3fc5ad7e412b1518f96441c0
Summary of Circulating Supply (as of August 2023)
- Ecosystem: 5,538,595 ORAI
- DAO Treasury: 1,700,000 ORAI
- Foundation: 6,062,294 ORAI (3,229,850 ORAI delegated in FDC Program)
Max supply: 19,779,272 ORAI
The table below demonstrates the specific percentage and amount for each allocation:
Planned token release schedule from August 2023(%):
As the Oraichain Foundation commits to providing deeper transparency for all current and future DAO members, it is helpful to understand the specific purpose and appropriate use of each allocation.
Ecosystem: Primarily used for Block Rewards, but can also be allocated for new liquidity pools and liquidity mining incentives.
DAO Treasury: Our expectation is that the Oraichain DAO will continue to organize, and formalize standard procedures for community-led initiatives, including developer incentives programming, marketing actions, and educational content creation. The Oraichain Foundation will continue to provide resources to meet the unique needs and assist the DAO as needed.
Foundation: Primarily used to support research and development for Oraichain’s open-source core protocols, provide funding for Foundation hosted hackathons, and continue to support the community-inspired Foundation Delegation Campaign (FDC), providing delegations to support our validators.
Native ORAI tokens are required to secure and power the decentralized Oracle network of validators. The native ORAI token is used in different scenarios below:
- Transaction fee: the ORAI token is required in order to run an AI request sent to the Oraichain network and run any transaction.
- Staking for validators: all validators are required to stake ORAI in order to be selected to create a block or fulfill data requests.
- Participation in network governance: the Oraichain network is organized in the DAO manner, all protocol upgrades and parameter changes must be voted by token holders.
The token plays a role as a transaction fee that is paid for parties as follows:
- Request-executing validators
- AI-API providers
- Testcase providers
- Block-creating validators.
The transaction fee is different depending on the fee requirement of request-executing validators, AI-API providers, and test-case providers. The transaction fee should be explicitly defined in MsgSetAIRequest of a request. When a request comes, request-executing validators must decide if they want to execute it. After that, a random validator, which is responsible for proposing a block will execute the request before firing an event to those request-executing validators.
Afterward, these validators interact with test cases and AI APIs to create a MsgResultReport in the end. A report contains the data sources, test cases used, the validator creating the report, and the block height of it. Using this information, we can collect validators, test case owners, and data source owners involved in a specific block to reward them. Only those creating reports are able to receive the rewards. If there is more than one validator asked in the MsgSetAIRequest (ValidatorCount), the transaction fee is divided proportionally to the voting power of each validator.
There are two ways to mint ORAI tokens on the Oraichain Mainnet 2.0:
- The first way is that the ORAI token is rewarded for each newly created block. In the Oraichain network, validators are responsible for creating new blocks, and a random validator is chosen to do that. In order to become a validator, one needs enough ORAI tokens that are staked or delegated. Note that new ORAI tokens are only mined when a block contains one or more transactions with transaction fees. Such fees will be converted into tokens in the form of rewards for the validators.
- The second way is briefly described above, in which the request-executing validators can earn some extra ORAI tokens by executing test cases and data sources. Similar to the first way, 70% of the total transaction fee is extracted as a reward for the first three parties mentioned earlier. The remaining 30% is saved to reward validators for the newly committed block. Nevertheless, this second way only occurs when there is at least a report broadcast to the Oraichain network at the end of a block.
In order to keep the value of the ORAI token, holders can stake their token to the Oraichain network. The rewarding token is divided based on the number of tokens that a holder is staking to a validator.